Monday, October 24, 2011

Homemade fabric Softener

Going with the laundry theme... I have found a recipe for Homemade Fabric Softener on eHow. Its ridiculously easy so I didn't have time to gather some pics. And its CRAZY cheap!! (Less than $2)

What you need
1 cup baking soda
1 cup white vinegar
2 cups water

Instructions

  • 1. Mix 2 cups of water and 1 cup of baking soda in the plastic container. (I used some Gladwear) Stir to dissolve baking soda, although it might not completely dissolve.

  • 2. Slowly add 1 cup of vinegar to the container while stirring. Expect a chemical reaction with a fizzing sound. This was pretty cool.


  • 3. I added 5-6 drops of essential oil  (this is not in the original instructions, but I wanted it to smell better than the vinegar)

  • 4. Place Fabric softener in an empty bottle for storage. I used a Nalgene bottle. 



    Use 1/3 cup for each laundry load. Shake bottle gently to dissolve baking soda before using.


    Its in the testing process right now, will let you know how it goes!


    I wonder what's next for us in the wonderful world of DIY!
  •  



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment